The 8 steps of admission to Spanish universities in 2023
In this article, we are going to show you the 8 steps to follow to proceed with admission to Spanish universities as a foreign student.
To study in Spain, you must first obtain admission to one of the Spanish universities .
Indeed, you must consider that admissions to universities in Spain require several steps and conditions.
Moreover, there are general rules and overall registration deadlines to be respected.
However, you should note that each Spanish university has specificities and requirements for registering and obtaining university admission (a letter of acceptance).
Through the following, we will directly and indirectly answer the following questions:
- How do I apply for admission to a Spanish university?
- How to get (or get) admission to a Spanish university?
- What are the admission requirements for a Spanish university?
Therefore, in this article you will find the 8 steps to follow in order to be admitted to a Spanish university (public or private).
The 8 steps of admission to Spanish universities in 2023
Before you start, it is important to know that Spanish universities easily accept foreign students.
On the other hand, admissions to universities in Spain require you to follow a well-defined process that we have divided into several stages.
Here are the 8 steps to follow:
- Choose the Spanish university.
- Choose your study program or specialty.
- How to send an application for admission to the Spanish university.
- Apply for admission.
- Take selection tests.
- Send the documents requested by the university.
- Obtain admission to a Spanish university.
- Apply for a study permit/study visa in Spain.
NB: there are almost no differences between the registration formalities for universities in Spain .
- Enrollment in a public university in Spain .
- Enrollment in a private university in Spain .
Please find more details on each of these admissions steps later in this article.
1. Choose the Spanish university
The first step to apply for and obtain admission to one of the universities in Spain is simply to choose the university in which you want to do your higher education.
Here are the articles that may interest you to choose a university in Spain:
2. Choose your study program or specialty
Each university in Spain has several tens or hundreds of specialties.
Here are some of the specialties in the universities of Spain:
- Law and legal sciences.
- Business, Management and MBA.
- Physical sciences and humanities.
- Computer science.
- Engineering studies.
- All specialties are available.
So, you can visit the official website of the university of your choice and find the right faculty for you.
3. How to send an application for admission to the Spanish university.
After choosing your university in Spain and your specialty and study program, it is now time to apply for admission to universities in Spain.
For public universities and private universities, you must submit an application for admission to a university in Spain through the Spanish University Admissions Platform.
NB: You must create an account with each platform.
4. Apply for admission on the Spanish university website.
You must follow the following steps, the website or platform of the public or private university in Spain:
- Create your account.
- You must read and complete the forms carefully.
- You must complete all the fields requested when applying for admission.
- Send your admission request or pre-registration request.
- Justify your level of study.
- Pay the initial registration application fee (rarely).
- Send the documents requested by the Spanish university.
Please note that the calendar and deadlines for registration vary from one Spanish university to another.
5. Take selection tests
All foreign students can go through the testing stage with Spanish universities.
Indeed, you will eventually have video conference or live interviews with the administration of the Spanish university.
You must pass this step, a positive notification will be the subject of a letter of acceptance by the Spanish university.
NB: Other level and/or skills tests may be carried out or requested by the Spanish university.
6. Send the documents requested by the Spanish university.
To validate your request for pre-registration or pre-admission to the Spanish university of your choice, it will ask you for a list of documents to complete your file.
- A CV and a cover letter.
- Your diplomas and transcripts.
- A certificate of English language level (optional) or Spanish.
- Payment of university tuition fees in Spain .
7. Obtain admission to a Spanish university.
Here we are.
- You have selected the Spanish universities.
- You have sent your applications to Spanish universities .
- And, you were initially selected among the student candidates.
- In addition, you have successfully passed your interview with the Spanish university.
Therefore, you are going to get admission to the Spanish university. (a letter of acceptance from the university).
Remember, to finalize your admission in the Spanish university, you must pay the cost of the studies of the Spanish university .
So you can see Spanish Public Universities Tuition Fees and Spanish Private Universities Tuition Fees .
After the payment of tuition fees, it can be said that you have passed all the admission requirements for the Spanish university.
8. Apply for a study permit/study visa.
Applying for a study permit or study visa for Spain differs depending on your nationality.
Thus, you must contact the Spanish Embassy in your country for more information and the required documents.
This procedure can take up to between 2 and 4 months.
Finally, after obtaining your study permit or study visa, you must finalize your registration according to the procedures in force at your Spanish university.
The procedure for obtaining the study visa can start from step 6.
We have seen together the steps to follow to apply for and have admission to one of the Spanish public or private universities for foreign students .
In conclusion, applications for admission to Spanish universities must be submitted at least 2 to 4 months before the start of classes.
On the other hand, you must always respect the calendars and dates of university registrations in Spain .
Finally, we always advise you to contact the Spanish university of your choice directly for more information.
This post is also available in : Français