The 7 steps of admission to universities abroad in 2023
In this article, we will present to you the 7 steps to follow to apply for and obtain admission to universities abroad as a European, African, Canadian and international foreign student.
Indeed, to study abroad , you must first have admission to one of the universities abroad and then finalize your university registration.
For this, you must know that you must follow steps, respect a schedule and meet several admission requirements.
However, the formalities and steps to follow to obtain admission to a university abroad vary from one country to another.
For this reason, you will see standard procedures and steps to apply for pre-admission and acquire university admission abroad in one of the best universities in the world .
On the other hand, you can consult specific information on university admissions abroad in 12 countries such as:
- University admissions in Switzerland .
- University Admissions in Turkey .
- University admissions in Belgium .
- University admissions in Italy .
- University admissions in France .
- University admissions in Spain .
- University admissions in Germany .
- University admissions in Australia .
- University admissions in Sweden .
- University admissions in the UK .
- University admissions in the USA .
- University admissions in Canada .
Don’t forget, you should note that each foreign university has specificities and conditions for obtaining university admission (a letter of acceptance) especially for a master’s degree.
Besides, you must also note that the admission procedures vary from a public university and from a private university.
Also, the admissions calendar changes from one country to another and from one foreign university to another.
Finally, the means used to send an application for admission varies from one country to another and from one university to another.
Through the following, we will directly and indirectly answer the following questions:
- How to apply for admission to a university abroad?
- How to obtain (or have) a university admission abroad?
- What are the admission requirements for a university abroad?
Now, find in this article the 7 steps.
The 7 Steps to Admission to Universities Abroad in 2023
Before you start, it is important to know that all universities abroad easily accept international students.
You should know that the admission phase is a step included in the overall registration process.
In general, foreign students must follow the following steps to apply for and gain admission to a university abroad:
- Choose the university abroad.
- Choose your study program or specialty.
- Send an application for admission to the foreign university.
- Apply for admission.
- Take selection tests.
- Send the documents requested by the university.
- Obtain admission and enroll in an Italian university.
The details now.
1. Choose a university
The first step in applying for and gaining admission to one of the universities abroad is simply to choose the foreign university in which you want to do your higher education.
For this, we suggest you see:
- The Best Universities in the World .
- The best universities in Europe .
- Best Universities in Asia .
- Best Universities in Africa .
2. Choose your study program or specialty
The second step is to choose the specialty or study program you wish to study.
Thus, you must visit the official website of the university of your choice and find the specialty or study program that suits you.
3. Send an application for admission to one or more universities
After having chosen your university and your specialty and study programme, it is now time to apply for admission (pre-registration or pre-admission).
First: each country has its global deadlines for sending registration requests.
Second: each country has its own methods for sending a pre-admission request.
Thirdly: the deadlines and means of sending admissions are influenced by the level of study (bachelor’s or master’s) and the type of university (public or private).
Fourthly, the common point between all admissions formalities is that they are online regardless of the country.
Generally, there are 3 possible cases:
- Undergraduate admissions to a public university.
- Admissions to a bachelor’s degree in a private university.
- And, admissions to a master’s degree in a public or private university.
The way to start sending applications for admission:
In undergraduate studies and in public universities, foreign students must send applications for admission to universities abroad via a central platform such as in France (ParcourSup or pastel) or in the United Kingdom (UCAS) or in Sweden (university admissions )
In the USA and Australia , foreign students must send applications for admission to universities via the university’s platform or an international platform such as Common or Coalition for college access.
In other countries, pre-admission applications to universities are sent directly to the university through its platform such as in Italy , Spain , Germany , Turkey , Belgium , Switzerland and Canada .
For masters in public and private universities, applications for admission are sent to universities abroad directly via their websites or web platform.
The start date for sending applications for admission:
In undergraduate and public universities, foreign students must start sending applications for admission to universities abroad from November 2023 and January 2023 to hope to study in September 2023.
This is the case for France, the United States, Great Britain.
In other countries, the deadlines for sending applications for admission are generally more flexible.
In bachelor’s degrees and in private universities, the deadlines are generally more flexible.
Thus, foreign students must start sending applications for admission to universities abroad from January 2023 to hope to study in September 2023.
In Masters in public and private universities, foreign students must start sending applications for admission to universities abroad from March 2023 until the start of the academic year.
4. Apply for admission.
Irrespective of the university platform, you must follow the following steps
- Create your account.
- You must read and complete the forms carefully.
- You must complete all the fields requested when applying for admission.
- Pay the registration application fee.
- Send the documents requested by the Italian university.
5. Pass selection tests and interviews.
All foreign students can go through the testing stage with foreign universities.
- Language level tests with the university or with international organizations
- Proficiency level tests with the university or international tests
- Psychological and personality tests.
- Video conference or live interviews with the university administration.
(*) Like the SAT or ACT tests or the Gmac or Gre tests .
You must pass this step, a positive notification will be the subject of a letter of acceptance by the university.
Of course, all procedures have online through the platform.
6. Send the documents requested by the university.
To validate your application for admission to the foreign university of your choice, it will ask you for a list of documents to complete your file.
- A CV and a cover letter.
- Your diplomas and transcripts.
- Your passport.
- Your picture.
- A language level certificate.
- Letters of recommendation (optional).
- Payment of university tuition fees.
7. Obtain admission to a university abroad.
Here we are.
- You have selected the universities abroad.
- You have sent your applications to universities abroad.
- And, you were initially selected among the student candidates.
- In addition, you have successfully passed your interview with the university abroad.
Hence, you will get admission in a university abroad. (A letter of acceptance from the university).
Then, you must validate your admission via the platform.
Moreover, in some (cases), you have to pay a fee or part of the tuition fee.
You can now pay the university fees and finalize your registration at the foreign university.
You can also explore opportunities to study abroad for free.
We have seen together the steps to follow for steps to follow to request and obtain admission to universities abroad as a foreign student.
Thus, you must begin the admissions formalities as soon as possible (from November or January of each year).
In addition, you must always respect the calendars and dates of university admissions and registrations.
Finally, we always advise you to contact the university directly for more information.
Remember, you may need a study visa.
If so, the visa procedure must be initiated during the admissions process.
You will find all the necessary information on your university’s website.
This post is also available in : Français