The 10 Best Medical Schools in France in 2022
We invite you to discover in this article our selection of the 10 best Medical Schools in France in 2022 for French, European and foreign students.
Indeed, if you want to study in France and do medicine, you must first have an idea of the best French medical schools in 2022.
Moreover, France is one of the best European destinations to do your medical studies.
In addition, medical studies in France are provided by universities associated with major hospitals, the CHUs or university hospital centers which are approximately 30 CHUs.
But, to study medicine in France , you should note that all medical and paramedical studies generally start with a 1st year common core called PACES.
The PACES is none other than the Common First Year of Health Studies .
This is the 1st step to study medicine, the year that prepares for the entrance exams to the second year of:
Anyone who succeeds in passing this entrance examination to medical studies can continue to study medicine in a French medical school .
To become a doctor, it takes 9 years of study at university for general practitioners, and 10 to 11 years for other specialists, such as surgeons or pediatricians.
Medical studies are organized into three cycles:
- The first 3-year cycle: General Training Diploma in Medical Sciences (DFGSM).
- The second cycle of 3 years: Diploma of Advanced Training in Medical Sciences (DFASM).
- Finally the third cycle of 3 to 5 years: State diploma of doctor of medicine.
This is also why we advise you first of all to have an idea of the best French faculties of medicine .
The 10 best medical schools in France
In this part, you will discover the 10 best French medical schools :
- Faculty of Medicine of Montpellier at University of Montpellier
- Faculty of Medicine of Marseille Aix-Marseille University
- The Faculty of Medicine of Lyon at Lyon 1 University
- Sorbonne University Faculty of Medicine
- The Faculty of Medicine at Paris Descartes University Paris
- Faculty of Medicine at University of Nantes
- Department of Medicine Paris Diderot University
- Department of Health, Medicine and Human Biology Leonardo da Vinci University of Paris Nord 13
- Faculty of Medicine at Louis Pasteur University Strasbourg
- Faculty of Medicine of Tours at François Rabelais University
Thus, to conclude our article on French medical schools , we have identified for you the 10 best medical schools in France .
Indeed, the French faculties of medicine are increasingly renowned for the quality of the education they offer.
In addition, before leaving to study in France , you must know all the options offered, namely the best French faculties of medicine .
Thus, if one of these French faculties of medicine interests you, we advise you to contact them for more information on the following points:
- Admissions procedures
- The terms of the competitions
- The cost of university studies
Therefore, do not hesitate to contact the faculty of medicine of your choice for any requests for additional information.
In addition, you should note that generally, the French faculties of medicine ask for several documents when applying for registration.
Thus, the two most important documents are your CV and your cover letter.
Indeed, to help you prepare your CV and cover letter, we suggest that you consult the following two sections:
In addition, and as a bonus, we suggest that you read our article on online student jobs , in which we have gathered for you nearly 20 ways to make ends meet as a student!
This post is also available in : Français