The 5 processes for registering at a public university abroad in 2023
We will see together all the steps and formalities of registration at a public university abroad for foreign students .
Indeed, foreign students can study abroad for a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, engineering, MBA, medicine, nursing, pharmacy or doctorate in one of the best public universities abroad.
For this, high school graduates and foreign students must follow formalities, stages and dates to enroll in a foreign public university.
The bad news is that the steps are different from one country to another to enroll in a public university, especially for a license.
However, the formalities of master’s registrations in a public and similar to registrations in private universities .
Now you will see the formalities to follow to request and have registration in one of the public universities abroad:
- Look for one or more public universities abroad.
- Select one or more study or specialty programs.
- Prepare and send an application to several universities.
- Pass public university selection tests.
- Obtain admission and registration at the public university abroad you have chosen.
In addition to the global phases, you can directly see in a little more detail:
- Enrollment at a public university in Italy .
- Enrollment at a public university in Spain .
- Enrollment at a public university in Switzerland .
- Enrollment at a public university in Turkey .
- Registrations at a public university in Belgium .
- Enrollment at a public university in France .
- Enrollment at a public university in Germany .
- Enrollment at a public university in Australia .
- Enrollment at a public university in Sweden .
- Tuition at a public university in the UK .
- Enrollment at a public university in the USA .
- Enrollment at a public university in Canada.
The 5 processes for registering at a public university abroad in 2023
The first information you should know is that the registration formalities for public universities abroad are almost the same for all foreign students in all countries.
Only in Europe, European students have more flexibility compared to other international students.
The second information: all the stages of registration in public universities abroad take place online.
For a Bachelor’s degree, the foreign student must send his pre-registration request to the university platform (generally) or to another specialized platform such as in France, UK and Sweden.
In Masters, the foreign student must send his request for pre-registration on the platform of the public university in general.
On the other hand, the third piece of information you should know is that there is usually only one start of the academic year in September.
However, only a few public universities that have university admissions in February or another date, especially in masters.
The fourth information, every foreign student should pay tuition fees when sending an application for admission to the public university abroad and pay tuition fees and other fees after to finalize admission . and complete the registration.
The fifth information: each public university abroad offers you a complete calendar of the entire registration process.
In the bachelor’s degree, generally, there are global deadlines to be respected by all the public universities of a country.
In masters, there is much more to release in the deadlines and registration method.
For the sixth piece of information, the deadlines for registration in public universities abroad begin on average before 11 months from the start of the academic year, mainly for the bachelor’s degree.
In masters, the formalities start from the month of February or March until the start of the academic year.
In addition, the majority of public universities do not accept late registrations, especially for bachelor’s degrees.
And, the last information: you must always consult the website of the foreign public university for more information on the calendar and the specific registration formalities.
In the following we will show you in general:
- The formalities to follow to enroll in a public university abroad.
- Deadlines for enrolling in a public university abroad.
- And, the requested documents.
1. Research one or more public universities abroad.
The first thing to do to begin the process of enrolling in a public university abroad is to research the public universities available in other countries.
For this, you can explore the whole list of public universities abroad.
- The list of public universities in Italy .
- The list of public universities in Spain .
- The list of public universities in Switzerland .
- The list of public universities in Turkey .
- The list of public universities in Belgium .
- The list of public universities in France .
- The list of public universities in Germany .
- The List of Public Universities in Australia .
- The list of public universities in Sweden .
- The List of Public Universities in the United Kingdom .
- The list of public universities in the USA .
- The List of Public Universities in Canada .
2. Select one or more study programs.
The second thing to do is to select several public universities available abroad that meet your needs.
Indeed, depending on the degree and the specialty you want to study abroad, you must choose or select one or more study programs in one or more foreign public universities that suit you.
3. Prepare and send an application for admission to several public universities abroad
The third thing to do is to prepare and send applications for pre-registration or pre-admission to public universities abroad that you have selected.
A. The dates for sending applications for registrations at public universities abroad.
In this step, two approaches can be distinguished:
- A process for registering for a Bachelor’s degree in a public university.
- An approach for registration for a master’s degree in a public university.
Undergraduate (first year of university):
In France, England and Sweden, registrations in the first public university year are managed by a national platform.
Therefore, registration requests are sent via the ParcourSup or pastel platform in France, UCAS in England for example.
However, in other countries, enrollments in the first year of university are managed solely by the public university.
Therefore, applications for registration are sent to the target university or faculty.
On the other hand, the deadlines for sending registration requests (similar) start from the month of November or January until the month of June.
The results of admissions to a master’s degree in a public university are notified from April until July.
Almost all applications are sent directly to public universities.
On the other hand, the deadlines for sending enrollment requests (similar) start from the month of March until the start of the academic year.
But, you should know that each foreign public university can set the schedule they want.
Thus, you must consult the enrollment calendar of each public foreign university that you have selected.
The results of admissions to a master’s degree in a public university are notified from May until the start of the academic year.
B. The documents of the application for registration at the public university abroad
In general, the documents to be prepared to send an application for registration at a public university are the following:
- A CV and a cover letter.
- Your education diplomas and your transcripts.
- A language level certificate (English or other).
- Letters of recommendation from certain universities.
- A copy of the Passport.
- A photo.
- Other documents may be requested by the public university.
4. Pass selection tests for public universities abroad.
The fourth thing to do is to pass the selection tests for foreign public universities.
Thus, foreign students must pass online proficiency tests, written assignments, selection interviews and English language tests.
In addition, foreigners must, depending on the conditions of foreign public universities, take and pass international tests such as SAT or ACT (Turkey and USA for example) or Gmac or Gre (Italy for example).
Also, the means of communication will be determined by the public university.
If you pass this step, foreign students will gain admission into the foreign university .
5. Register at the public university abroad that you have chosen.
The fifth and last thing to do is to confirm your enrollment in the international public university you have chosen.
Don’t forget, during the process, you must start the procedure for obtaining a study visa.
A. Complete the documents:
If you are admitted to a public university abroad, you will receive an enrollment acceptance letter from the public university online via the platform you used.
Thereafter, you must complete your file with documents required by the public university via the platform you used.
B. Deadlines for finalizing registrations in the foreign public university:
Each country and each public university sets different deadlines.
Some public universities begin the finalization of registrations after 30 days of admission such as Italy.
Some public universities begin finalizing registrations as soon as admission is obtained, such as Spain.
And, some public universities begin finalizing registrations from July and August, as in France.
C. Pay the tuition fees of the foreign public university.
Paying the price of the foreign public university is the last step to finalize your registration.
Therefore, find out the price of the public university abroad.
We have seen together the process, documents and formalities of registration at a public university abroad for foreign students such as French, Belgian, Canadian, African.
The procedure allows you to study for a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate abroad via the ordinary path.
However, you should know that you can study abroad for free at one of the public universities through scholarships.
Good luck in your studies.
This post is also available in : Français