The 6 steps to study abroad for a master’s degree in 2023
We will explore below the process to follow to study abroad for a master’s degree for all foreign and international students.
All foreign, European or international students can study for a master’s degree abroad .
Indeed, universities abroad (public or private) all welcome foreign students to do a master’s degree.
In some universities, a quota is granted to foreign students to do a master’s degree and in other universities, no limit exists.
Therefore, foreign students can study for a master’s degree after obtaining their bachelor’s degrees.
Thus, we are going to show you in general, the process to follow to go to higher education abroad in the first year of a master’s degree.
But, as there is a process specific to each country, you can directly see the steps to follow for master’s studies in each country, such as:
- Study in France .
- Study in Canada .
- Study in Spain .
- Study in Italy .
- Study in Turkey .
- Study in Australia .
- Study in Germany .
- Study in the United States .
- Study in the UK .
- Study in Sweden .
- Study in Belgium .
- Study in Switzerland .
The process to follow to study a master abroad is simpler than the procedure after the BAC .
Thus, discover without delay the steps necessary to go to higher education abroad after a license in the public and private sector in the best universities.
In addition, you should know that the steps are almost the same in all countries to study for a master’s degree in public or private universities abroad.
The 6 steps to study abroad for a master’s degree in 2023
To go and do your master’s studies abroad, you must have an idea of the procedures to follow and the points to respect.
To increase your chances of gaining admission to a master’s degree, register and pursue higher education in the best universities in the world .
Thus, we have tried to group together 6 steps that we consider essential for foreign students to follow in order to study after a license (public or private).
Now, discover the list of 6 steps to be followed in order to obtain admission, register and study abroad for a master’s degree:
- Choose the foreign university and the master study program.
- Check the admission conditions and formalities for master ‘s registration .
- Prepare a master’s registration file.
- Send a master’s admission or registration request. (It’s the same)
- Pass tests and interviews.
- Pay the costs of university studies in master’s degree.
So, find out more details about these points.
1. Choose the foreign university and the master study program.
The first thing to do to study abroad for a master’s degree is to choose the university and the study program.
So, depending on your needs and your budget, you have to choose your dream university.
So, you have to choose the public or private universities that offer the master study program you want to study.
Thus, we suggest you see the following universities:
- Best Private Universities in the World .
- The Best Universities in the World .
- The best universities in Europe .
- Best Universities in Africa .
- Best Universities in Asia .
2. Check the admission conditions and formalities for master’s registration.
The second thing to do to go and study for a master’s degree abroad is to:
- See the registration calendar .
- Admission requirements and admissions process .
- The registration process .
- The prices of university studies abroad .
In general, from January 2023, students should start sending admission applications or master’s applications to start studies in September or October 2023.
However, there are countries where the procedures start from March or April such as in Turkey or Belgium.
In other countries, the registration formalities for a bachelor’s degree are flexible and last throughout the year until the start of the academic year.
You should also note that the formalities for master’s registrations in private universities are more flexible than public universities.
Discover more information about:
3. Prepare a master’s registration file.
The third thing to do to study abroad for a master’s degree is to prepare an application file.
Here are the main documents of a master’s registration file at a university abroad that you must prepare:
- A copy of your diplomas (license) and transcripts.
- Recommendation letters. (option)
- Copy of your passport.
- ID photo.
- A well-detailed CV .
- A cover letter .
NB: if you do not currently have a master’s degree, depending on the admissions conditions of your university, you must communicate this before finalizing your registration.
4. Send an application for admission or registration for a master’s degree. (It’s the same)
The fourth thing to do to go and study for a master’s degree abroad is to apply for admission or registration.
There are two points in common between all master’s applications:
- All master’s registration applications for master’s studies are online.
- All master’s registration requests are sent directly to foreign universities via their sites or platforms.
So, depending on the university and the country, you must create an account in a platform and send your master’s application online.
5. Pass tests and interviews.
The fifth thing to do in master studies abroad after a bachelor’s degree is to pass tests and selection interviews of foreign universities.
Indeed, after your application for registration in master, you must obtain an admission in master.
For this, depending on the university and the country, you will take one or more tests:
- University-level proficiency tests.
- Language tests at university level.
- International skills test. (*)
- International language test. (**) (***)
(*) SAT or ACT or Gmac or Gre .
(** = English) DET or IELTS or TOEFL or PTE .
In any case, after meeting the admission requirements, you must be ahead of other students to gain admission to a master’s degree.
6. Pay the cost of master’s degree university studies.
The last thing you need to do to study abroad for a master’s degree is to pay the fees for master ‘s studies at the foreign university.
You should know that the prices of public universities in masters are generally cheaper than the prices of private universities in masters .
Take a look at:
- The prices of private universities in masters abroad .
- The prices of public universities in masters abroad .
- And, the costs of university studies abroad .
On the other hand, you should know that you can pay for master’s studies in foreign universities on several installments (monthly, quarterly, semester) or annually depending on the country.
However, you can study abroad without paying tuition fees with the best scholarships .
We suggest you see how to study abroad for free .
Once you have paid the university tuition, you can finalize your registration and go study abroad after your bachelor’s degree.
To sum up, we have presented for you (an international student) the 6 standard overall processes to go study abroad for a master’s degree in 2023.
Normally, you now have a general idea of the steps to follow to pursue higher education in a master’s degree abroad.
However, it is necessary to see in detail the procedures of each country and each university in master.
We advise you to contact the university of your choice for more information.
On the other hand, you may need to apply for a study visa.
So, you must see the procedures to follow with the university and the embassy of the country you are targeting.
Good luck with your further studies.
This post is also available in : Français