The 10 steps to study in Australia for international students in 2023
In this article, we are going to present to you the 10 steps to follow to study in Australia for European, Canadian, African and international foreign students .
Foreign students who want to study in Australia are guaranteed to have a quality education and an internationally recognized diploma.
Indeed, Australia offers the best university education in the world.
Moreover, many private and public Australian universities are in the ranking of the best universities in the world .
Thus, you can go to study in Australia in management, engineering (computer science, civil engineering, mechanics), medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy in a public or private university.
In what follows, we will see together only the steps and formalities to be followed by foreign students to study in Australia according to the ordinary process.
In fact, we are going to give you the 10 steps to follow by all European and international students to go and do your higher studies in Australia.
Besides, you should know that the steps are almost the same to study in public or private universities in Australia .
10 steps to study in Australia for international students in 2023
To go to study in Australia, you must have an idea of the procedures to follow and the points to respect.
To increase your chances of gaining admission and pursuing higher education in the best universities in Australia.
Thus, we have tried to group 10 steps that we consider essential to follow by foreign students to study after the BAC or after a license or a master’s degree in Australia (public or private).
Here is the study in Australia process for foreigners in 10 steps:
- Choose the type of Australian university you want.
- Choose the Australian faculty where you wish to study.
- Contact the Australian university or college.
- Check Australian University Admission Requirements .
- Prepare your Australian university application file .
- Apply for Australian university registration or admission.
- Respect the Australian university registration dates and deadlines .
- Take Australian university entrance exams or exams if required.
- Pay tuition fees for Australian universities .
- Submit your application for a study visa in Australia.
So, find out more details about these points.
1. Choose the type of Australian university you want
Before going to study in Australia, the first thing you need to know is that there are 2 types of Australian universities, namely:
- Public universities in Australia .
- Private universities in Australia .
Each type of these universities has its own specifics that you need to know.
They include hundreds of faculties with outlets in all fields.
In addition, the costs of studies in public universities in Australia are lower than private universities.
As for private universities in Australia, the conditions and deadlines for admissions are much more flexible.
2. Choose the Australian faculty where you want to study
Choosing the faculty specialty is considered to be the 2ᵉ step to follow.
Depending on the study specialty you are looking for, you will find dozens of public and private universities across Australia that meet your search criteria.
Thus, foreign students can study in all specialties (economics, management, engineering (computer science, civil engineering, mechanics), medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy in the faculties of public or private universities. in Australia.
3. Contact the Australian university or college
After choosing the Australian university and/or faculty, you must contact the organizations of your choice.
Indeed, you must contact them to get an idea of the availability of the specialty you have chosen and the courses available.
All means are available to communicate with universities in Australia.
Indeed, you can contact the universities in Australia via their websites, platforms, by phone or by email.
You should collect information about:
- The Australian University Admissions Calendar .
- Australian university admission process .
- Australian University Admission Requirements .
- Australian university tuition fees .
- The means of payment of the costs of studies in Australia .
4. Check Australian University Admission Requirements
To be able to go to study in Australia, foreign students must not only have a well-funded bank account, but also good academic references, letters of recommendation and other skills.
Indeed, foreign students must meet several conditions to be able to study in Australia.
Thus, according to the Australian university, each student must have:
- Adhere to the admissions schedule .
- The diplomas. (*)
- Notes requested.
- An English language level certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, Dulolingo, etc.).
- Pass SAT or ACT tests.
- Present reliable letters of recommendation.
- Pass level tests.
- Pass skill tests.
- Make and pass individual meetings with Australian universities.
- Payment of Australian university tuition fees. (**)
(*) A baccalaureate for undergraduate studies.
(*) A license or a master’s degree or another master’s degree to study for a master’s degree.
(**) A small amount that varies between 50 and 400 Australian Dollars.
5. Prepare your application for the Australian university
Indeed, depending on the university, the faculty and the specialty of study, the university registration file documents may differ from one Australian university to another.
Here are the main documents of a registration file for a university in Australia that you must prepare:
- A copy of your diplomas and transcripts.
- Your language test score if you study in English or (TOEFL, IELTS, Test Daf).
- Your SAT or ACT test score.
- Recommendation letters.
- Copy of your passport.
- ID photo.
- A well-detailed CV .
- A cover letter .
6. Apply to Australian University
After having chosen your university in Australia and your specialty and study program, it is now time to apply for admission to one or more public universities or private universities.
In Australia, the only way to send your application for admission or pre-registration to a university is through the website or the web application of the Australian public or private university.
However, the Australian university may ask you to apply for admission via other platforms such as the Common platform or other (rarely).
You can see in detail the application and obtaining formalities:
- Enrollment at a public university in Australia .
- Enrollment at a private university in Australia .
You are advised to apply to several universities in Australia to increase your chances.
7. Respect Australian university registration dates
Respecting the admissions calendar and the registration calendar of universities in Australia is an essential condition for going to university in Australia.
First, you should know that each university in Australia has its own admission and registration schedule, especially for masters and doctoral studies.
Secondly, you should know that there is only one academic year in Australia at the end of August or the beginning of September.
However, some Australian universities have other start dates such as January or July.
So you should always check directly with your Australian university for the exact dates and timetable.
Thirdly, the formalities of registrations and admissions to Australian universities begin before 1 year.
Fourth, there are usually two admissions and matriculation sessions at every Australian university.
- One session ahead.
- A regular session.
An example of an admissions calendar and registration calendar for universities in Australia:
- Start of pre-admissions: September or November 2023.
- End of pre-admissions: December or January 2023.
- Admissions result: March or April 2023.
- Validation of admission: April and May 2023.
- Start of registration formalities: June or July 2023.
- End of registration formalities: the end of August 2023.
8. Take Australian Universities Selection Tests
Sending a registration request is not enough.
Indeed, depending on the university, the faculty and the chosen study specialty, you can:
- Take skill tests.
- Pass level tests.
- Take and pass specific tests in certain specialties.
On the other hand, overseas students must pass Australian university selection tests to gain admission.
Australian university tests can sometimes be done before applying.
9. Pay Australian university tuition fees
To validate their admissions or registrations in a university in Australia, the students must pay the tuition fees of the Australian university before starting the courses.
In general, in public universities, the costs of university studies in Australia for foreign students vary between 27,000 and 84,000 Australian dollars per year, and this, mainly in relation to the specialty of study.
By the way, you can get an idea about all the prices of public universities in Australia .
In general, in private universities, the costs of university studies in Australia for foreign students vary between 47,000 and 130,000 Australian dollars per year, and this, mainly in relation to the specialty of study.
By the way, you can get an idea about all the prices of private universities in Australia .
However, you can study in Australia without paying tuition fees with scholarships available in Australia .
10. Submit your application for a Study Visa in Australia.
Applying for and obtaining a study visa in Australia is the last step for international students to take before leaving to study in Australia.
Sometimes you need to start the visa formalities from step 8.
However, you must begin this step during the admissions process after obtaining an acceptance letter.
For this, you must contact the Australian Embassy in your country for more information and the required documents.
Finally, after obtaining your study permit or study visa in Australia, you must finalize the registration procedures at the Australian university you have chosen.
So, to conclude our article on higher education in Australia, we have presented for you 10 steps to go to study in Australia for international students.
Indeed, we have tried to clarify the most important points to know before leaving to study university in Australia.
All the points mentioned in this article are very essential to know.
Do not hesitate to ask any questions that come to mind to the Australian universities of your choice.
Besides Australia, you can consider studying abroad in other countries.
Good luck with your further studies.
This post is also available in : Français